Tina Mangos and associates design and deliver arts-based programs to enhance daily life and productivity. For over 40 years in arts and education, Tina has researched and collaborated with others to organize cultural events and teach classes for youth and adults. Her successful brain-based method of teaching, which she terms “Cross-training your Brain,” combines logic with creative thinking in a step-by-step process that optimizes learning. Her classes are fun, productive, and sprinkled with humor.
Here’s what Tina Mangos Arts can offer:
- Group and private lessons in popular Ballroom/Latin dances
- Dance-based fitness: “Stretch & Strengthen” and “Ballroom Freestyle”
- World of Food: Smart and easy way to cook and shop
- Art Classes for youth See Class Schedule page
- “A Spa for Your Brain”: A day to create and rejuvenate
- In this grammar and communication course we use right-brain learning activities to improve left-brain writing.
- The method was designed by Tina, in collaboration with experts in writing and English.
- You’ll get a well-organized workbook that guides you through an engaging and productive process.
- The kids program is a fun combination of drawing, grammar, and cursive writing
I emigrated from Greece as a child, grew up in Gary, pursued advanced degrees in the arts and education, and spent most of my career in Chicago.
There I conducted my corporate training business, ran a dance business, and enjoyed a very busy 20 years of teaching art in the Chicago Public Schools. I’ve always juggled at least two “jobs” at the same time—not being able to quickly answer the question, “So what do you do?”
Now that I’m “retired” and living in Hamilton County, I have the flexibility to pursue my interests, to teach, and to create art at my own pace. I take time to connect with others and share ideas because unexpected things can happen to make life richer. My purpose in life remains the same: to create and teach. I’d love to hear from you. Join me on a journey and “take your brain on a dance through life.”
For 40+ years, I’ve taught thousands of students of all ages and engaged hundreds of professionals in my ventures. I’m grateful for the opportunities and talent-sharing.
A few testimonials
Dance and community events…
Patrick J. Levar, Alderman, 45th Ward, Chicago
Tony Kidonakis, Professor; VanderCook College of Music, Chicago
Stephanie Denson, Indianapolis
Amber Nunes, parent, Zionsville
Sophie, age 13, Indianapolis
Mercedes Ambrocio, high school student
Morgan Gallagher, Assistant Principal
The Art of Language…
Jan Lollini, Manager, Employee Relations
World Book Educational Products
Brian Childress, Rotary International
Mark LaMoy, Fellowes Manufacturing